Suicide Awareness and Prevention Training
Suicide Awareness and Prevention training
Who’s it for: HR professionals and managers
Duration: 2.5 hours
Delivery: Face-to-face or virtual classroom (online)
No. delegates face-to-face: maximum 12
No. delegates virtually: maximum 16
- This course will provide participants with information on how to support an individual and act immediately if required.
- The course helps participants feel more confident in having conversations about suicide.
- Participants will learn to recognise the warning signs that someone may be at risk of suicide.
- Those taking part will gain an understanding of the emotions and behaviours that might be experienced after suicide and how to access support.
- Participants will gain a greater understanding of the core beliefs around suicide.
- Those in attendance will gain a wider understanding of the impact of suicide on the UK with reference to suicide statistics.
Leaflets available for individuals and employers.
Why Ben Training?
With mental wellbeing high on the automotive industry agenda, Ben Training is here to help. We deliver effective health and wellbeing training to people working in automotive, supporting everyone from shop floor to top floor to build the self-awareness and good habits that promote resilient mental health, and the skills to help others
Ben Training offers a comprehensive range of face-to-face and online courses and all profits go towards providing support for life to automotive people and their family dependents.
For support on suicide, please visit www.ben.org.uk/suicideprevention.
Gain the knowledge and confidence to provide mental health first aid for the most common mental health issues, understand how to build a mentally healthy workplace, challenge stigma and support wellbeing
Participants will keep their mental health support current and update their knowledge of mental health and what influences it
Participants will gain an in-depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
Gain effective skills, tools and resources to manage mental health issues in your team
Participants develop the self-awareness and skills to understand and improve their own physical and mental wellbeing. Builds resilience and confidence
Participants develop self-awareness, skills and strategies to prevent or manage anxiety and coping strategies to manage and improve their emotional wellbeing
Learn how to spot signs and symptoms of mental health conditions and provide help on a first aid basis.
Learn how to spot signs and symptoms of mental health conditions and provide help on a first aid basis
Teaching the theory and practice of suicide intervention skills that can be applied in any professional or personal setting, captured in a one-day course accredited by City and Guilds of London
Teaching the theory and practice of suicide intervention skills that can be applied in any professional or personal setting, this programme is a suicide prevention awareness course. The course teaches the skills needed to identify someone who may be thinking about suicide and encourage them to talk to a Suicide First Aider