2-Day Mental Health First Aid
Mental Health First Aid
Who’s it for: Suitable for people managers and senior leaders
Duration: Two days
Max number of delegates face-to-face: 16
• Qualifies participants as Mental Health First Aider
• Gain in-depth understanding of mental health and factors that affect wellbeing, develop practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of a range of mental health issues, build the confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress using the Mental Health First Aid action plan
• Participants receive a reference manual and a workbook which includes a toolkit to support their own mental health and a Mental Health First Aid certificate
- Why Mental Health First Aid?
- The Mental Health First Aid action plan
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- What is depression?
- Symptoms of depression
- Risk factors for depression
- Depression in the workplace
- Suicide figures
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- First aid for suicidal crisis
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- First aid for depression
- Treatment and resources for depression
- What is an anxiety disorder?
- First aid for anxiety disorders
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
- Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
- Cognitive distortions and CBT
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
- What is psychosis?
- Risk factors for psychosis
- Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
- Bipolar disorder
- Warning signs of developing psychosis
- Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
- Treatment and resources for psychosis
- Recovery and building resources
- Action planning for using MHFA
Why Ben Training?
With mental wellbeing high on the automotive industry agenda, Ben Training is here to help. We deliver effective health and wellbeing training to people working in automotive, supporting everyone from shop floor to top floor to build the self-awareness and good habits that promote resilient mental health, and the skills to help others
Ben Training offers a comprehensive range of face-to-face and online courses and all profits go towards providing support for life to automotive people and their family dependents
Gain an understanding of the impact of suicide & learn ways to spot the signs. Build confidence around having a conversation about suicide with a person, how to support and steps to take if immediate action is required. Learn about the impact and support that is available after suicide.
Gain the knowledge and confidence to provide mental health first aid for the most common mental health issues, understand how to build a mentally healthy workplace, challenge stigma and support wellbeing
Participants will keep their mental health support current and update their knowledge of mental health and what influences it
Participants will gain an in-depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
Gain effective skills, tools and resources to manage mental health issues in your team
Participants develop the self-awareness and skills to understand and improve their own physical and mental wellbeing. Builds resilience and confidence
Participants develop self-awareness, skills and strategies to prevent or manage anxiety and coping strategies to manage and improve their emotional wellbeing
Learn how to spot signs and symptoms of mental health conditions and provide help on a first aid basis.
Teaching the theory and practice of suicide intervention skills that can be applied in any professional or personal setting, captured in a one-day course accredited by City and Guilds of London
Teaching the theory and practice of suicide intervention skills that can be applied in any professional or personal setting, this programme is a suicide prevention awareness course. The course teaches the skills needed to identify someone who may be thinking about suicide and encourage them to talk to a Suicide First Aider