Whether it’s expected, or comes as a complete shock, bereavement can be a painful and traumatic experience. Losing a loved one is arguably one of the most difficult things for anyone to go through and cope with.
And, during the pandemic, the rules on social distancing may prevent people from being with loved ones when they are ill or dying. It could also mean that our friends and family can’t be with us at this difficult time and while we grieve.
If you’ve recently lost a loved one, we are here for you. We can’t tell you this is going to be easy, but we’re here to support you if you need us.
How we can help
- Supporting you through the grief you are experiencing
- Guidance and information on how to support your family through loss
- Talking to people about what has happened
- Understanding how you will cope financially following the loss
- Support, information and guidance around paying for the funeral
- Finding out what benefits you may be entitled to claim
We want to reassure you that you are not alone and we’re here for you. Depending on your circumstances, you might need or benefit from specialist support through other organisations. We can guide you through this and support you following your loss.
If you’ve recently lost a loved one, we are here for you. We can’t tell you this is going to be easy, but we’re here to support you if you need us. Chat with us online or call our helpline on 08081 311 333.