Our free, confidential helpline is closed on the festive Bank Holidays, but you can call us when we return. If you leave a message we will reply to you.
Christmas opening hours
Our Christmas opening hours are as follows:
- Friday 22nd December – open 8am-5pm
- Saturday 23rd December – closed
- Sunday 24th December – closed
- Monday 25th December – closed
- Tuesday 26th December – closed
- Wednesday 27th December – open 9am-5pm
- Thursday 28th December – open 9am-5pm
- Friday 29th December – open 9am -5pm
- Saturday 30th December – closed
- Sunday 31st December – closed
- Monday 1st January – closed
- Tuesday 2nd January – normal opening hours resume (8am – 8pm)
Support during Christmas closures
If you don’t feel you can keep yourself safe right now, you should seek immediate help.
- Go to a hospital A&E department
- Call 999 and ask for an ambulance if you can’t get to A&E (or ask someone to ring for you)
If you need to speak to someone (or don’t feel you want to do the above):
- The Samaritans helpline is open throughout Christmas, 24 hours a day. You can call for free on 116 123 or find other ways to get in touch online
- The CALM helpline is open 5pm-midnight all year round, for men who are feeling low or feel they have hit a wall. Visit their contact page to get in touch.
- SANE’s mental health helpline – 0300 304 7000 – is open from 4:30pm to 10:30pm every evening, every day
- Mind has a helpline to support those worried about their mental health, open every day except Bank Holidays, 9am-6pm. Click here to find out more.
If you’re worried about housing, Shelter’s helpline is open every day of the year. Visit their website for more information.
If you’re worried about food, you can discover how to access your local foodbank through the Trussell Trust website.