Don’t have a funky paper frame to pose in? Don’t worry! You can add a photo frame digitally, jazz up your images and use the #Hatson4MentalHealth hashtag for free online. Befunky.com and fotojet.com are both useful free tools and the former also comes as an app for Android and iPhone.
Here’s a quick guide to putting together a framed photo online:
- Select the ‘photo editor’ or ‘edit a photo’ option
- Upload your photo
- On the left-hand side of the screen select the option to create a frame (on befunky.com this looks like a small square inside a larger square)
- Choose your photo frame. We’ve found that the border option on befunky.com and the Polaroid version on fotojet.com work best for including captions
- Adjust the thickness, colour and caption space to suit you (the options you get for adjustment differ between programmes). Then click to apply the change
- Then click the text option on the left-hand bar
- You’ll be able to choose from fonts, colour and effects. Type ‘#Hatson4MentalHealth’ into the text box and drag it into position
- If you’re on befunky.com, you’ll also be able to insert a graphic – such as a logo – by selecting the heart in the left-hand menu. You can then opt to add your own graphic and drag it into place.
- Once you’re happy with your creation, just select the ‘save’ option at the top of the screen and download it to your computer.
Get photo tips
If your photography skills are a bit rusty, have a look at our photography tips post.
Head back to the Hats on 4 Mental Health website.